Great news for Red Sox fans as legendary slugger David Ortiz has been released from the hospital after being shot multiple times in an assassination attempt in the Dominican Republic last month. Marly Rivera of ESPN reported that Ortiz was released from the hospital on Friday and will continue his rehabilitation from home.
ESPN said, “David Ortiz was released from Massachusetts General Hospital on Friday, a source told ESPN’s Enrique Rojas. He had been in the Boston hospital since June 10, one day after he was shot in the Dominican Republic. “At home he will be assisted by full-time nurses and will be visited regularly by his personal doctor,” a family source told Rojas. “He will continue to undergo all the treatment and rehabilitation necessary to recuperate from his recent injury and surgeries
David Ortiz was released from the hospital yesterday, a source close to the family told ESPN. Ortiz will continue his rehabilitation at home, where he will be closely monitored by full-time nurses and will be visited regularly by his personal physician. https://t.co/Tt3l6q9Ihs
— Marly Rivera (@MarlyRiveraESPN) July 27, 2019